Tuesday 28 May 2013

Summer plans

Outside; It's raining; It's cold; It's depressing. This is not Summer. It can't be. I won't let it. 
Explanation: I live in Scotland.
I shall not let this weather dampen my spirits (see what I did there?) and keep me huddled up inside, under a blanket, old, alone, done for. 

For once, I won't be having a beach holiday, or even attending a festival but as I face the prospects of university in early September and the harrowing thought of living on a student budget, I need to earn myself some money, and a lot of it. 
Ruining this plan: Paris & London. (I am most certainly not complaining though).

I have been accepted onto a 3 day course at the University of Sorbonne to learn about the History of France - specifically Paris - which I can imagine will be rather helpful at some point or another in my Art History degree. I'm going to be in Paris for just one week, but I'm hoping to fit in a lot of debauchery. Not really. Just many art gallery tours, trips to Diptyque and of course, stocking up on skincare products at City Pharma.(goodbye dolla)


London is a bit up in the air at the moment as no dates have been officially confirmed but the plan is to intern for a few weeks towards the end of summer. Staying at a relative's in Knightsbridge will no doubt cause some serious damage to the 'Uni savings' piggy bank. 
Oh well, when in Rome London! 

X.


No comments:

Post a Comment